Daryl S Kabatoff at it again (was: Barrie Glen MacGregor - October
Karen Gordon
2004-08-31 01:07:32 UTC
Sunday August 29th 2004 242/124 17360
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 <-Barrie's positions
M A C G R E G O R
13 1 3 7 18 5 7 15 18 = 87 <-value
(K): Any time you post your shit to these newsgroups, Kabatoff, you'll
be reminded with this:
____________________________________

Busker's mom wants police to pick up son
Man ejected from Fringe 'very ill'

Sarah Gibb
Special to The StarPhoenix

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The mother of a busker ejected from the Fringe Festival for posting
personal information of Fringe visitors online has appealed to the police
and doctors to have her son picked up because he is "very ill."

Daryl Shawn Kabatoff has recently posted angry Internet messages, saying
he wants local children to die and has revealed that he's trying toobtain
guns, the StarPhoenix has learned.

He is now under police investigation, said Insp. Jeff Bent, spokesperson
for Saskatoon Police Service.

Kabatoff's posts, which are full of references to religion, sex and death,
contain the names, birthdays, descriptions and workplaces of dozens of
Saskatoon residents and their families, including in some instances their
deceased children.

He obtained some of the information from children's obituaries published
in the StarPhoenix. The busker says in some posts that he hopes the other
children in the families die too.

Kabatoff, who sat on a Mexican blanket at the intersection of 11th Street
and Broadway during the Fringe, recently offered on a bulletin board to
trade one of his trademark numerological name analyses for a rifle or shotgun.

In another post, he says he is acquiring a firearms licence.

StarPhoenix, Insp. Bent said: "(We) are going to assign some investigators
to this immediately . . . I appreciate your call because after the fact
people say, 'Why wasn't something done?' "

The balding, pony-tailed 46-year-old man, who stood for mayor in 1982 and
1985, is a well-known figure in Saskatoon's shopping malls and coffee shops.

Kabatoff believes people's names are given to them by God and are
harmonized with their dates of birth. He says he can reveal this
relationship using mathematics and for years has asked passers-by to let
him analyse their names.

An online search has revealed Kabatoff has posted around 1,000 highly
disturbing messages on Usenet sites since 2001.

Usenet is a system of worldwide bulletin boards, also called newsgroups,
where people post messages and correspond about shared interests.

Kabatoff's messages contain the personal details of scores of Saskatoon
residents, often teenage girls he refers to as "nubile sweeties" after
meeting them in the food court at Midtown Plaza, the Mall at Lawson
Heights, the Broadway Roastery and Starbucks.

Kabatoff is notorious in the Usenet community. One site calls him "one of
Usenet's most elusive and creepy psychopaths."

Another user asks: "At this stage, what can be done under law to stop him
getting a gun from any source?"

Several Usenet members implore someone to alert Saskatoon police to
Kabatoff's posts seeking a firearm.

A post dated June 15, 2004 from a Daryl S. Kabatoff using a Shaw e-mail
address and Saskatoon box number, states that he is looking for: "A) a
rifle for deer hunting this fall, B) a shotgun for the early deer-hunting
season, C) a .22-caliber (sic) rifle for improving my shooting skills
during the summer."

The post, entitled "Wanting firearm" and sent to the calgary.forsale
newsgroup, continues: "I'll offer you a trade . . . I will show you
gorgeous harmony between your name and birthday and numbers in the Bible .
. . In exchange for your unwanted firearm I'll provide you with a short
essay that you will treasure far more."

The next day, June 16, the same post appeared on the talk.politics.guns
newsgroup, this time called "Trade for Gun."

Kabatoff says he's in the process of obtaining a gun licence.

A June 2004 Usenet post from him states: "I am in the process of applying
for and obtaining a license (sic) to acquire a rifle . . . for hunting
animals and not people. If somebody . . . trades a gun for my work before
I obtain the license (sic), that gun will be received by a friend who is
legally allowed to possess such . . . "

Attempts to reach Kabatoff for comment were unsuccessful.

In a telephone interview Monday, Kabatoff's mother, who asked not to be
named, sobbed as she begged doctors and the police for help.

"He is not being treated at all. The doctors say they can't force him . .
When he is well, he is a likeable person (who) is so nice. But when he's
ill, he's very ill. He needs . . . the police or somebody to take him in
for treatment.

"He did go to a hospital a number of times. He just absolutely refuses the
treatment. Shall I pack up and leave or put my head in the sand or what,
because I just can't take any of this anymore. I wish he would just be
picked up." She added that she does not believe her son is dangerous.

Kabatoff's long and angry posts contain names, birthdays, physical
descriptions of people, where they work and the names and birthdays of
their family members. The details are freely given to Kabatoff by his
unsuspecting customers when he offers to analyse their names.

His most recent post, dated Aug. 8, names a 24-year-old woman he met on
the first day of this year's Fringe Festival. He refers to her and her
friends as "cheap, filthy assholes."

Kabatoff also trawls through obituaries, mainly in the StarPhoenix,
looking for details of teenagers who have recently died. He posts the
information on bulletin boards along with his analysis of the deceased's
name, sometimes adding that he is glad the young person has died and that
he hopes the family loses their other children too.

He claims to attend the funerals of these teenagers so he can meet "nubile
sweeties" and eat free food.

One of his posts reads: "(S)ince nubile sweeties are found in greatest
abundance at the funerals of high school students, then it is the funerals
of high school students that make the very, very best funerals, especially
if there is food . . . I stuff my face (and my pockets) with all the good
food and look at all the pretty nubile sweeties and have the time of my
life . . ."

Kabatoff writes in a post dated July 22 this year: "I was busking . . . at
Five Corners on Broadway Avenue. (Name withheld) stopped to provide stats
. . . He said he had no money for me . . . You people have absolutely zero
respect for me . . . I in turn have zero respect for you and so don't
require your permission to post these stats on the Usenet. Furthermore I
am on my knees and begging God to . . . terminate the lives of these
children. If I find any of these family members in the obituaries I will
cheer with utter glee . . . and I will post your stats again."

Kabatoff appears to keep an elaborate cross-referencing system on his
laptop computer of the families whose "stats" he obtains, so he can
compare the names with published obituaries.

A recent post based on a StarPhoenix obituary begins: "Oh dear. (Name
withheld) hung herself in her basement bedroom at her parent's home on
(date withheld). Her brother (name withheld) provided stats on May 9th
2002, he hangs around Broadway Avenue, the street in Saskatoon with the
poster poles shaped like penises. I first met him about 10 years ago."

The post ends with Kabatoff calling the family and the rest of the
community, "the God-damned shit of the earth."

Some of Kabatoff's most disturbing posts are based on the obituaries of
children. Several of the families he has targeted lost their children at
birth. His posts mock the parents and their grief.

A message dated July 6, 2004 to the parents of a deceased 14-year-old
Saskatoon girl states: "I am crying out to God against your family and am
requesting that He . . . terminates the lives of your other children . . .
If I see any other (name withheld) in the obituaries I will cheer with
utter glee and post your stats again."

A post to the parents of a 15-year-old boy killed in an accident reads:
"Well now I shit on you, I rejoice in your loss of (name withheld) and
pray for the loss of (your daughter)."

To the parents of another young Saskatoon resident who died, Kabatoff
writes: "What you God-damned filthy assholes paid for (your son's) funeral
could have supported me overseas for months."

Kabatoff, who claims to have worked in the 1980s as a social worker in
Whitecourt, Alta., and says he has a degree in anthropology, was reported
to police during this year's Fringe Festival by a woman who gave him her
personal details before being warned by passers-by that Kabatoff would
post them.

Nancy (not her real name) told the StarPhoenix: "This man is preying on
people. The public needs to be warned."

After the StarPhoenix ran a story Saturday about Nancy's experience,
Kabatoff's Fringe busking licence was withdrawn.

Readers wanting to check whether Kabatoff has posted their names can go to
www.google.com, enter his surname or his signature line "God gives you
your name," then click on "groups."

Kabatoff himself moderates a newsgroup at alt.dear.whitehouse.

His mother says she has lived with this turmoil for years. She asks for
understanding.

"Heaven help you and your children if they ever have mental health
problems," she said.

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2004

--
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
George W. Bush is now under treatment for two problems:
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Don Ocean
2004-08-31 05:47:25 UTC
Go get-em Karen...

One correction However! "alt.dear.whitehouse" is an unmoderated American
news group. Kabatoff, the the despotic aging Necropedophile slunk into
our American political group uninvited and proceed to post his anti-
human diatribe. If he were American, we could get him banned from the
net, just on his hate postings alone. Saskatoon must be kind of like
Florida. Florida has Alligators that every one is aware of and avoids,
But every once in a while a stranger will wander through and get
hurt/bit/dead. Well that apparently is the case with Kabatoff. Yet they
let him wander around the internet whereas other countries ban the
dangerously insane from the net!
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
catchmerevisited
2004-08-31 08:08:57 UTC
Post by Don Ocean
Go get-em Karen...
One correction However! "alt.dear.whitehouse" is an unmoderated American
news group. Kabatoff, the the despotic aging Necropedophile slunk into
our American political group uninvited and proceed to post his anti-
human diatribe. If he were American, we could get him banned from the
net, just on his hate postings alone. Saskatoon must be kind of like
Florida. Florida has Alligators that every one is aware of and avoids,
But every once in a while a stranger will wander through and get
hurt/bit/dead. Well that apparently is the case with Kabatoff. Yet they
let him wander around the internet whereas other countries ban the
dangerously insane from the net!
rotflmao.

while i agree with the critique on the certain individual you refer to, at
the same time you make it clear that you are both aware of, and yet
advocate, some of the loss of freedoms inherent in your so-called
'democracy'.
fortunately, 'kabatoff' is not a danger to anyone but himself.... and even
if he did become a threat, i would like to think the public is sufficiently
aware of him to act in an appropriate manner to prevent it.
I think everyone has the same potential to commit a crime, and no government
structure can be fully equipped to prevent one from occruring, whatever the
degree of 'security' in place.
Wherefore is the validation of measures to 'protect' damocracy, if these
measures 'necesitate' their erosion?
in conclusion, Kabatoff represents a necesary evil, a price we pay for
Freedom: the uncertainty as to when and where an attack may occur. I wish
there were more Americans who had the Stregth to defend their Freedoms over
their concerns for themselves; but I suppose as a Nation, you defined for
yourselves which Ideal you choose to protect, and which are to be
sacrificed.
Don Ocean
2004-08-31 09:47:44 UTC
Post by catchmerevisited
Post by Don Ocean
[...]
Interesting premise: But we don't allow blind people to drive, Fools
to make national decisions....Oh wait..scratch that one.. ;-p
Kabatoff has been arrested and institutionalized and has been
deemed a potential danger to young people(pedophilia). There has been at
least one protection order against him in the last couple of years.
I think it was for stalking. A Canadian truck driver threatened his life
for going after his 13 year old daughter ,,or so the story goes. But it
is a fact that his Mother feels that he is a danger to both his family
and the general public and has requested time and again that he be
locked up and treated. He is banned from many public places in Saskatoon
due to his proclivities. ;-)
Reason
2004-08-31 14:11:59 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
[...]
Another consequence of the leftwing, namby-pamby permissiveness inherent in
our legal system since it was overhauled by the Trudeau libertines 3 decades
ago.
Bullshit Detector
2004-08-31 23:02:56 UTC
Post by Reason
Post by Karen Gordon
[...]
So, Prosecutor Reason, what would you be charging the Defendant with? Being
a mean man doesn't carry any criminal consequences I believe.

Unless you want to be like Saddam Hussein back in the day huh? No one ever
told him not to lock anyone up.
Reason
2004-09-01 03:11:44 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Reason
Post by Karen Gordon
children in the families die too.
Another consequence of the leftwing, namby-pamby permissiveness
inherent
Post by Karen Gordon
in
Post by Karen Gordon
a mean man doesn't carry any criminal consequences I believe.
Unless you want to be like Saddam Hussein back in the day huh? No one ever
told him not to lock anyone up.
Nothing vile about tightening the net of due process around those who are
deemed outside it by bleeding-heart liberals. A misguided social sense from
the 60s that no one is responsible or accountable for their own actions has
long ago run it's course, and it's well overdue to make a correction to our
legal system, to put it back a greater share of the onus of responsibility
on the individual.
Detector
OK, so what would you charge him with?
Bengal
2004-09-01 05:07:01 UTC
Post by Detector
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Reason
Post by Karen Gordon
children in the families die too.
Another consequence of the leftwing, namby-pamby permissiveness
inherent
Post by Karen Gordon
in
Post by Karen Gordon
legal system, to put it back a greater share of the onus of responsibility
on the individual.
OK, so what would you charge him with?
I agree........I live in Saskatoon and have seen the guy often as I
like coffee. Never talked to him
Comments like dangerous and pedophile quite frankly piss me off .
In order to be a pedophile one must engage in sexual acts with a child
last I heard.
In order to be dangerous one must attack or physically hurt someone else.
Do you really think the cops here are that stupid?
That this guy could commit these acts and post on usenet and the cops do
nothing?
I would also say that based some of his posts he is not exactly stupid
yet you actually think he would try to get a gun in here for the purpose
of killing someone.
Maybe he's right, maybe he is the only sane one
I mean I been kinda lurking here just for the entertainment value and I
must say, He can sure get a few of you stirred up.
BTW everything in the media has been based on opinions of others without
any form of evidence that any laws have been broken here.
Take some Advice..... worry about those who are far more insane that you
are not aware of and can hide it well
Don Ocean
2004-09-01 06:27:56 UTC
Post by Bengal
Post by Detector
OK, so what would you charge him with?
You don't need charges to declare someone incompetant..

Ohhhh! thats right.. He was declared mentally unfit in the 1980's
Thats why he is sucking off the Social welfare system and periodically
has run ins with the law. Oh Yes..There are several pages of his arrest
records. But then againn if your questioning being found incompetant..
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead
Children too?
Post by Bengal
I agree........I live in Saskatoon and have seen the guy often as I
like coffee. Never talked to him
Comments like dangerous and pedophile quite frankly piss me off .
Gee, I guess that is why he is banned from most public places in
Saskatoon. And we didn't drag you or that SOB into our American
political NG! Look me up... It would give me great pleasure to
unpiss-off a rude cocksucker like you 1;-p
Detector
2004-09-01 15:11:47 UTC
Post by Don Ocean
Post by Bengal
Post by Detector
OK, so what would you charge him with?
You don't need charges to declare someone incompetant..
Sorry that's not a reason to lock someone up, unless you're a Saddam Hussein
wannabe.
I declare you incompetent to declare someone incompetant.
Post by Don Ocean
Ohhhh! thats right.. He was declared mentally unfit in the 1980's
Thats why he is sucking off the Social welfare system and periodically
has run ins with the law. Oh Yes..There are several pages of his arrest
records.
Duh, let's charge him twice for the same crime?

Post by Don Ocean
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead
Children too?
OK, Saddam, far be it from me to out you as a couch-dwelling
proto-fascist. You do such a good job of it yourself
Post by Don Ocean
Post by Bengal
I agree........I live in Saskatoon and have seen the guy often as I
like coffee. Never talked to him
Comments like dangerous and pedophile quite frankly piss me off .
Gee, I guess that is why he is banned from most public places in
Saskatoon.
Yeah I guess that is enough proof. FOR SADDAM HUSSEIN!

Top Poster
2004-09-02 21:51:41 UTC
Post by Detector
Post by Don Ocean
Post by Don Ocean
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead
Children too?
OK, Saddam, far be it from me to out you as a couch-dwelling
proto-fascist. You do such a good job of it yourself
Don't dodge the question. Don brought up a good point.
--
Proudly Albertan and reluctantly Canadian.

http://www.separationalberta.com
Detector
2004-09-02 23:11:01 UTC
Post by Top Poster
Post by Detector
Post by Don Ocean
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead
Children too?
OK, Saddam, far be it from me to out you as a couch-dwelling
proto-fascist. You do such a good job of it yourself
Don't dodge the question. Don brought up a good point.
Well there are only two points here, unfortunately they are at the top of
you and Dons' heads.

Bengal
2004-09-02 01:28:09 UTC
Post by Don Ocean
Ohhhh! thats right.. He was declared mentally unfit in the 1980's
Thats why he is sucking off the Social welfare system and periodically
has run ins with the law. Oh Yes..There are several pages of his arrest
records. But then againn if your questioning being found incompetant..
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead
Children too?
Your absolutely hilarious....you dont even know me and based on what you
just said , I owe you a sincere thank you for proving my point beyond a
shadow of a doubt.

Take Care
catchmerevisited
2004-09-02 02:00:04 UTC
Post by Bengal
Post by Don Ocean
Ohhhh! thats right.. He was declared mentally unfit in the 1980's
Thats why he is sucking off the Social welfare system and periodically
has run ins with the law. Oh Yes..There are several pages of his arrest
records. But then againn if your questioning being found incompetant..
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead
Children too?
Your absolutely hilarious....you dont even know me and based on what you
just said , I owe you a sincere thank you for proving my point beyond a
shadow of a doubt.
Take Care
luckily, he only has to prove HIS point to meet 'reasonable doubt' criteria,
which i believe HE has done....I hesitate to ask, what exactly was YOUR
point? and how has he 'proved'it?
Bengal
2004-09-02 02:46:49 UTC
Post by catchmerevisited
Post by Bengal
Post by Don Ocean
Ohhhh! thats right.. He was declared mentally unfit in the 1980's
Thats why he is sucking off the Social welfare system and periodically
has run ins with the law. Oh Yes..There are several pages of his arrest
records. But then againn if your questioning being found incompetant..
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead
Children too?
Your absolutely hilarious....you dont even know me and based on what you
just said , I owe you a sincere thank you for proving my point beyond a
shadow of a doubt.
Take Care
luckily, he only has to prove HIS point to meet 'reasonable doubt' criteria,
which i believe HE has done....I hesitate to ask, what exactly was YOUR
point? and how has he 'proved'it?
He has PROVED nothing and by proceeding with sick inuendo based on my
Top Poster
2004-09-02 21:58:49 UTC
Post by Bengal
Post by Don Ocean
Ohhhh! thats right.. He was declared mentally unfit in the 1980's
Thats why he is sucking off the Social welfare system and periodically
has run ins with the law. Oh Yes..There are several pages of his arrest
records. But then againn if your questioning being found incompetant..
then obviously your in the same boat. Are you lusting after dead Children
too?
Your absolutely hilarious....you dont even know me and based on what you
just said , I owe you a sincere thank you for proving my point beyond a
shadow of a doubt.
You are rapidly validating his point, too.
Post by Bengal
Take Care
Stuff it.

Bengal
2004-09-02 02:52:09 UTC
Post by Don Ocean
Gee, I guess that is why he is banned from most public places in
Saskatoon. And we didn't drag you or that SOB into our American
political NG! Look me up... It would give me great pleasure to
unpiss-off a rude cocksucker like you 1;-p
Why are you threatening me
What the hell is wrong with you
Dar K.
2004-09-01 18:22:20 UTC
Post by Bengal
Post by Detector
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Reason
Post by Karen Gordon
children in the families die too.
Another consequence of the leftwing, namby-pamby permissiveness
inherent
Post by Karen Gordon
in
Post by Karen Gordon
[...]
And just so you people know, I have a gun and have access to other
guns. I am not intending to use my gun for violence acts. I encourage
the police to try to find my gun. -Daryl Shawn Kabatoff
Dar K.
2004-09-01 23:12:42 UTC
Post by Bengal
Post by Detector
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Karen Gordon
Post by Reason
Post by Karen Gordon
children in the families die too.
Another consequence of the leftwing, namby-pamby permissiveness
inherent
Post by Karen Gordon
in
Post by Karen Gordon
[...]
guns. I am not intending to use my gun for "violent" acts, I've
had the gun for the last decade and am a responsible gun owner.
I encourage the police to try to find my gun. -Daryl Shawn Kabatoff